The City of Turner operates and maintains a municipal Stormwater Collection System. This system collects, detains and treats rainwater at various places throughout the community. It then discharges these waters to either Mill Creek or Turner Lake. 

The City supports this system through a Stormwater fee charged in City utility bills. Currently, that fee is set at $4/month and it raises about $20,000/year. The money goes to provide funds for street sweeping, catch basin cleaning and personnel support for administering the two stormwater programs the City must adhere to. 

Public inquiries or complaints

If you have a general concern or would like information about the stormwater system please contact City Hall during normal business hours.  But with a small staffing level, the City must depend upon the eyes and ears of the public to ensure its best program implementation. If a citizen is aware of water quality issues that relate to the City's stormwater system, please use the following contacts as a guideline.

To report pollution:

1. During normal business hours, email photos of the pollution to or call City Hall at (503) 743-2155.

2. For after-hours emergencies, please call Oregon Emergency Response System 1-800-452-0311. (Immediate and urgent concerns.)

3. To report by mail, please use: City of Turner, P.O. Box 456, Turner, OR 97392.

Construction Site Program Information

Starting January 1, 2023, most building permits will be required to obtain a 1200-C NPDES Construction Stormwater General Discharge Permit from DEQ. You can find the permit application database here:  Department of Environmental Quality : Modernization Project Underway: Your DEQ Online : Online Services : State of Oregon. Please bring your 1200-C permit with you when you apply for a building permit at City Hall. If you are applying for a structural building permit on-line with Marion County, email the 1200-C permit documentation to